Sunday, 3 March 2013

time to think like a child

You: So what do you want for your birthday?
Me: I want to go sky diving.
You: Seriously?
Me: Yep.
You: Ok.

You worked so hard all week to meet your deadline for that week so you could take the day off work to be with me. We drove down, I spent most of the morning distracting myself - I knew if my brain kicked into gear and started thinking about all the possibilities it would suck all the joy out of the experience.

So I decided to approach the matter like a child, with wide eyed excitement at the adventure that awaited and no comprehension or awareness of the potential danger.

There are times in life when thinking like a child pays dividends - and this was one of those times.

It was incredible - I'd do it again in a heart beat.

What an amazing way to kick off my 28th birthday celebrations!

Thanks honey xx

[Luke must have asked me a question here. I'm assuming the answer was "I'm with him"]
I couldn't wipe the smile of my face for hours
[running to you to say "J that was A-mazing...can I go again!"]